Welcome back to part deux of my front door design guide – I thought we’d start off with some paint colour suggestions, ranging from boring (ahem, sorry ‘neutral’) to fluorescent, with more than a few shades in between! Choose your poison and click on the link for details.
Or if you think it’s time to update the door entirely in favour of a more contemporary puppy, check out Urban Front’s awesome collection:
So step two, once you’ve taken the colour plunge, is to decide on the details. I have to say I am one giant sucker for details – I seem to have this ridiculously long attention span where I can wade through hundreds of products/designs/ tax legislation clauses [delete as appropriate depending on if we’re talking about my current or former life!] and instead of get bored actually enjoy it. I think I’m a geek.
Anyhoo, so first up is the house number/name design. Here’s a round up of some of the corkers I’ve seen recently:
1. I’m loving these fun stickers from Purlfrost:
2. Go to Homebits for a contemporary vibe in stone and metals:
3. The French Number Company has these cute as a button enamel plates:
4. House Number Connection stocks this range of gorgeous and quirky metallics (which would develop a yummy patina over time too):
5. Head to Croft Architectural Hardware for a more traditional look:
6. Or Willow and Stone for clear cut chrome:
7. And lastly, you can always rely on Anthro for a good dose of colour!
Of course when making your choice for the house number/name design, you have to take into account the style of the property, door and specifically the coordinating door hardware – here’s a couple of ideas for sourcing the latter.
1. Try the delightfully named Snobs Knobs and Posh Knockers for all things traditional:
2. Or if you’re in the States, the House of Antique Hardware has some seriously amazing collections (my god, I could have spent 8 hours on this website!):
I an LOVING this blingy crystal!
3. Head to Turnstyle Designs for more contemporary fare:
4. And again Anthro hits the jackpot with these quirky beauts:
Alrighty, now it’s down to you – hope this helped!