Ergh, for a long time I was getting a smidge fed up with this set of projects – through no fault of my own (well, maybe a little bit, I’ll admit to 3%) they were taking me forever to finish off. However, a couple of weeks ago I was hand delivered a brand new 0.25 drafting pen by our lovely house guests and proceeded to bust my ass trying to catch up on everything.
Anyway, now that it’s all done and dusted I thought I’d share the latest set with you…….drum rolll……….ta da!
1. The hard surfaces of an up and coming fashionable hair dresser salon – I was tempted to fall into the cliché of the default black granite, mirrored walls, lacquered black surfaces blah blah blah option, but decided to go for a more natural and interesting vibe by tapping into one of the big 2011 trends I was going on about a couple of months ago, the ‘au naturel’ look.
2. The construction of our home here in Cayman – this was totally bonkers difficult until a friendly Chartered Surveyor here on island helped out. Is that cheating?! Don’t think so, I still did all the work. And, yes, our home is purple!
3. The redesign of the home office of a wedding planner in the UK. I decided to avoid the kinda obvious all-white + chandelier + frills option, and go for an eclectic mix of upholstered pieces, slightly rustic oak furnishings with the odd flash of antiqued brass and bronze. I think I like it and that it’s not tooooo all-over-the-place – would appreciate feedback from any discerning eyes out there.
So this is the concept (sorry about the sunset light):
The office home sample board:
And the entry way (really long narrow hallway) – you can’t really make it out in the pic but I thought I’d mount full wall distressd mirror work onto one of the long walls to visually widen the space:
Plans and elevations:
Bespoke built in full wall shelving unit, with space for clothes (it’s doubling up as a guest room), a mini kitchenette for serving drinkies to clients, filing and the obligatory-but-dull area for printer, fax machine etc. (please excuse the grubby rug!).
And presentation board:
4. Plans, elevations and sections of our kitchen (a great deal of swearing went into the production of these, let me tell you):
5. And lastly some rather embarrassing drawings. What the ruddy HELL is wrong with me?! Why can I not do this, arrrgghhhhhh! Please don’t laugh too hard… Ah crap, they’re out of focus – sorry, it was about 3am when I finished these, was quite tired.
APRIL FOOLS!!! Ha, no not really sadly, these are actually my best attempt ahem.
Anyway, I have my fingers and toes crossed for good marks! Now onto set 5……